|AI_buffer||www.nelsongarden.de||Used in context with the "AI_sentBuffer" in order to limit the number of data-server-updates (Azure). This synergy also allows the website to detect any duplicate data-server-updates.||Session||HTML|
|AI_sentBuffer||www.nelsongarden.de||Used in context with the "AI_buffer" in order to limit the number of data-server-updates (Azure). This synergy also allows the website to detect any duplicate data-server-updates.||Session||HTML|
|ai_session||www.nelsongarden.de||Preserves users states across page requests.||1 day||HTTP|
|ARRAffinity||www.nelsongarden.de||Used to distribute traffic to the website on several servers in order to optimise response times.||Session||HTTP|
|ARRAffinitySameSite||www.nelsongarden.de||Used to distribute traffic to the website on several servers in order to optimise response times.||Session||HTTP|
|CookieConsent||Cookiebot||Stores the user's cookie consent state for the current domain||1 year||HTTP|
|CONSENT||YouTube||Used to detect if the visitor has accepted the marketing category in the cookie banner. This cookie is necessary for GDPR-compliance of the website.||6072 days||HTTP|
|.ASPXANONYMOUS||www.nelsongarden.de||Used to deliver user data when authorising applications on the website.||69 days||HTTP|
|dixa-widget||www.nelsongarden.de||Allows the website to recoqnise the visitor, in order to optimize the chat-box functionality.||Persistent||HTML|
|dixa-widget-lvc||www.nelsongarden.de||Allows the website to recoqnise the visitor, in order to optimize the chat-box functionality.||Persistent||HTML|
|i18nextLng||www.nelsongarden.de||Determines the preferred language of the visitor. Allows the website to set the preferred language upon the visitor's re-entry.||Persistent||HTML|
|_dc_gtm_UA-#||www.nelsongarden.de||Used by Google Tag Manager to control the loading of a Google Analytics script tag.||1 day||HTTP|
|_ga||www.nelsongarden.de||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||2 years||HTTP|
|_gat||www.nelsongarden.de||Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate||1 day||HTTP|
|_gid||www.nelsongarden.de||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||1 day||HTTP|
|_hjAbsoluteSessionInProgress||www.nelsongarden.de||This cookie is used to count how many times a website has been visited by different visitors - this is done by assigning the visitor an ID, so the visitor does not get registered twice.||1 day||HTTP|
|_hjFirstSeen||www.nelsongarden.de||This cookie is used to determine if the visitor has visited the website before, or if it is a new visitor on the website.||1 day||HTTP|
|_hjid||www.nelsongarden.de||Sets a unique ID for the session. This allows the website to obtain data on visitor behaviour for statistical purposes.||1 year||HTML|
|_hjIncludedInPageviewSample||www.nelsongarden.de||Determines if the user's navigation should be registered in a certain statistical place holder.||1 day||HTTP|
|_hjIncludedInSessionSample||www.nelsongarden.de||Registers data on visitors' website-behaviour. This is used for internal analysis and website optimization.||1 day||HTTP|
|_hjRecordingLastActivity||www.nelsongarden.de||Sets a unique ID for the session. This allows the website to obtain data on visitor behaviour for statistical purposes.||Session||HTML|
|_hjTLDTest||www.nelsongarden.de||Registers statistical data on users' behaviour on the website. Used for internal analytics by the website operator.||Session||HTTP|
|ai_user||www.nelsongarden.de||Used by Microsoft Application Insights software to collect statistical usage and telemetry information. The cookie stores a unique identifier to recognize users on returning visits over time.||1 year||HTTP|
|EPi:StateMarker||www.nelsongarden.de||This cookie is used to distinguish the browser that the visitor is using. The server automatically assigns an ID string to that browser, so that the website can identify the visitor again when reentering the website.||Session||HTTP|
|hjViewportId||www.nelsongarden.de||Sets a unique ID for the session. This allows the website to obtain data on visitor behaviour for statistical purposes.||Session||HTML|
|IDE||Used by Google DoubleClick to register and report the website user's actions after viewing or clicking one of the advertiser's ads with the purpose of measuring the efficacy of an ad and to present targeted ads to the user.||1 year||HTTP|
|RUL||Used by DoubleClick to determine whether website advertisement has been properly displayed - This is done to make their marketing efforts more efficient.||1 year||HTTP|
|test_cookie||Used to check if the user's browser supports cookies.||1 day||HTTP|
|fr||Used by Facebook to deliver a series of advertisement products such as real time bidding from third party advertisers.||3 months||HTTP|
|_fbp||www.nelsongarden.de||Used by Facebook to deliver a series of advertisement products such as real time bidding from third party advertisers.||3 months||HTTP|
|_gcl_au||www.nelsongarden.de||Used by Google AdSense for experimenting with advertisement efficiency across websites using their services.||3 months||HTTP|
|_hjRecordingEnabled||www.nelsongarden.de||This cookie is used to identify the visitor and optimize ad-relevance by collecting visitor data from multiple websites – this exchange of visitor data is normally provided by a third-party data-center or ad-exchange.||Session||HTML|
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||YouTube||Tries to estimate the users' bandwidth on pages with integrated YouTube videos.||179 days||HTTP|
|YSC||YouTube||Registers a unique ID to keep statistics of what videos from YouTube the user has seen.||Session||HTTP|
|yt.innertube::nextId||YouTube||Registers a unique ID to keep statistics of what videos from YouTube the user has seen.||Persistent||HTML|
|yt.innertube::requests||YouTube||Registers a unique ID to keep statistics of what videos from YouTube the user has seen.||Persistent||HTML|
|yt-remote-cast-installed||YouTube||Stores the user's video player preferences using embedded YouTube video||Session||HTML|
|yt-remote-connected-devices||YouTube||Stores the user's video player preferences using embedded YouTube video||Persistent||HTML|
|yt-remote-device-id||YouTube||Stores the user's video player preferences using embedded YouTube video||Persistent||HTML|
|yt-remote-fast-check-period||YouTube||Stores the user's video player preferences using embedded YouTube video||Session||HTML|
|yt-remote-session-app||YouTube||Stores the user's video player preferences using embedded YouTube video||Session||HTML|
|yt-remote-session-name||YouTube||Stores the user's video player preferences using embedded YouTube video||Session||HTML|
01 June 2021
Growing lettuce in a ball? It might sound weird, but we promise you it is not! Salad balls are not only fun to do and look at, but are also practical. Why? If using a hanging planting pot when cultivating, the lettuce is out of reach of snails and pests that love to nibble on the green leaves. Another practical aspect is that you can harvest your lettuce without having to bend down.
Before you get started on your salad ball, here is what you need:
A lettuce ball can serve as a decorative element and becomes especially beautiful with salad varieties in different colors. There are, for example, Lollo Rossa salad with red and purple elements, or Iceberg salad if you want the traditional green color. If you want a variety of colors, baby leaf mix with mixed varieties of salad might be the perfect choice!
Creating your own ball of lettuce is not difficult, but might require some craftsy capacity from you! If the instructions seem tricky at first, look at the pictures to get a visual guide on how to create the lettuce ball.
1. The first step is to pre-cultivate lettuce. This can be done in, for example, a mini plug tray. The seeds should have germinated and grown a few centimeters high before they are ready to be placed in your salad ball.
2. Cut the coconut fiber mat into approximately 4-6 cm long strips. Cut enough strips to cover the inside of both planting pots. Also, cut a small circle with about 10–15 cm diameter to the bottom of the pot, like in the picture below.
3. Before covering the heap or basket with the coconut fiber mat; place the strips in water and allow them to soak. Also, water the soil you are going to use, so that it is moist.
4. Cover the bottom of the heap or basket with the circle of coconut mat that you cut out, and then add planting soil on top of it.
5. Place the roots of the lettuce plants into the soil. Place the salad leafs through the open parts of the pot, so that they hang on the outside of it. Place the plants with a distance of about 6-10 cm.
6. Place some strips of coconut fiber mat against the inside of the pot, on top of the plants. Fill with soil, and the plant another layer of lettuce plants. See the following two pictures below for a visual representation of how to create the layers with the mat, the soil, and the plants.
7. Create layers of the coconut fiber mat, soil, and plants until the pot is full.
8. Attach the second hanging planting pot on top of the first one by using a binding wire. Remember that watered soil is heavy, be sure to attach properly!
9. Continue layering coconut fiber mat, soil, and lettuce plants in the upper half of the pot or ball until it is full. The procedure of filling this upper half is more difficult than the bottom half, since you have to insert everything from the outside of the pot this time. See the picture above for visual instructions. Remember to be careful with the plants.
10. Hang up your lettuce ball by attaching the chains of the pot onto a hook on a roof or a wall. Remember to water the salad ball properly, and keep in mind that water might drip from the ball so hang it over a surface that can withstand water and soil.
Lettuce balls dry out quickly, especially if they are hanging in bright sun or in a windy spot. Remember to water regularly, and place the lettuce ball in a shady position if you will not be able to water it for a few days if you, for example, are going away for a while.
Harvesting your salad ball leaf by leaf is preferable as the lettuce will continue to grow and you can harvest for a long time. Add liquid plant food after a few weeks, to keep the plants thriving!