01 June 2021
We are responsible for the processing of your personal data as described herein, as a data controller (as defined in the GDPR). Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions or comments on your privacy and our processing of your personal data. We value your opinion. You can reach us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at:
Nelson Garden AB
362 31 Tingsryd
Tel: 0800 0010167
(Monday-Thursday 9:00-17:00, Friday 9:00-16:00)
Personal data is information relating to an identifiable natural person. It can be information which identify a person directly, such as name, personal ID number, phone number, email address or a photo, or indirectly such as when information together with other information makes the identification of a person possible.
The personal data we process might be name, contact details (address, delivery address, email address and telephone number), customer ID, order information and order history, payment information and payment history, information contained in and about our communication, IP address and other information collected by cookies and similar techniques. Most of the personal data is collected directly from you when ordering products from the Website or in our communication, for example via email, or if you contact us via a form on the Website, by phone or send an email to us. Other source of information is the device you are using when visiting the Website.
The purposes of the processing of your personal data are different, depending on if you are a customer or a visitor of the Website.
Your personal data is processed for us to be able to:
- provide you with the product(s) we have committed ourselves to do, charge you for the products and handle returns and complaints, all according to our agreement. The processing is necessary for the performance of our contract (Art. 6.1.b) GDPR).
- provide you with customer support. We will contact and communicate with you in different forms, e.g. when giving you support. The processing is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interest of supporting you as our customer (Art. 6.1.f) GDPR).
- improve current and develop new products and services. The processing is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interest of product development (Art. 6.1.f) GDPR).
- market Nelson Garden and our products and services. We use direct marketing via email (of course always with the option of unsubscribing) where we show you relevant product recommendations and offerings. The processing is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interest of market Nelson Garden (Art. 6.1.f) GDPR).
- fulfil our legal obligations. Your personal data is processed, including transferred and retained, to the extent necessary for us to uphold our obligations under applicable laws or other legal obligations, e.g. product liability, product safety, bookkeeping and reporting to the authorities (Art. 6.1.c) GDPR).
- protect our legitimate business interests and defend us against or enforce legal claims. Your personal information will be used where we believe it is necessary to protect ours, yours or others legal rights, or other legitimate interests. Processing for this purpose can become necessary to defend us against or enforce legal claims. The legal ground for this processing is our legitimate interest to protect us, you and others and for us to defend against or enforce legal claims (Art. 6.1.f) GDPR).
- provide a website with basic functionalities. The processing is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interest of having a website and services that are working optimally (Art. 6.1.f) GDPR).
- retrieve statistics, such as information about how long a visit lasts, which parts of the Website you have read and other information about behavior on the Website. The processing is based on your consent (Art. 6.1.a) GDPR).
- market Nelson Garden and our products and services by showing you relevant product recommendations and offerings. The processing is based on your consent (Art. 6.1.a) GDPR).
On the Website, you can download material and information, subscribe to our newsletter via email and get in contact with us, by filling out a form. We will process your email address in order to let us send you the requested material/newsletters. The processing is based on your consent. Email address and any other data you give us can be saved and processed for marketing purposes, see section 1.1.
If you use the Dixa live chat tool to contact us, the personal data you voluntarily enter (name, email address and message) will be processed in accordance with Art. 6.1.b) GDPR as it will be processed by us for the purpose of answering the request in the context of contract processing. In addition, the use of this tool serves to safeguard our predominantly legitimate interest of effective and improved customer communication in accordance with Art. 6.1.f) GDPR. The personal data will then be deleted. The live chat tool is provided by Dixa ApS, Vimmelskaftet 41A, 1 Sal., 1161 Copenhagen, Denmark, on our behalf.
Your personal data will be shared with selected companies which help us deliver our products. For example, we use suppliers for shipping, storing of data in clouds, CRM tools, emailing, accounting, and analytical tools. Suppliers which process personal data on our behalf have signed a data processing agreement according to applicable legislation.
We may have to share your personal data with authorities, courts and other relevant parties if required by law, in conjunction with a legal process or to answer a request from regulators and other authorities.
If we would take a future decision of selling or transfer Nelson Garden or parts of Nelson Garden, your personal data might be shared with or transferred to parties involved in the process.
Nelson Garden does not share your personal data with any third party that intends to use the data for marketing purposes unless you have provided your consent for this.
We keep your personal data as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected and in order to satisfy requirements in laws and regulations. Once fulfilled, your personal data will be erased or anonymised.
How long we save your personal data depends on the type of information and why we process it. The same personal data might be saved for different purposes. As an example, information might be saved due to regulatory reasons, even though it has been erased and anonymised for other purposes. We keep the personal data we process based on your consent until you withdraw the consent or the consent is no longer valid with regard to the purpose you gave your consent for.
We regularly review our need to keep data, taking into account applicable legislation.
Generally, no personal data is transferred outside EU/EEA. In case of a transfer, for example to a supplier in a third country, the transfer is made according to applicable legislation. We will transfer your personal data to a destination outside EU/EEA only if adequate safeguards are in place in accordance with GDPR.
- Right to information and access to your data. You have the right to request information about how we process your data and a transcript of personal data processed by us. The first transcript may be requested free of charge, however if you make repeated and unreasonable requests for copies, we might charge you with an administrative fee.
- Right to rectification. You have the right to correct inaccurate or incomplete information about yourself.
- Right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’). You have the right to request that we erase personal data about you, for example if the data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed, or if there is no legal basis for processing the data.
- Right to restriction. You are entitled to request that the processing of your personal data should be limited until inaccurate or incomplete information about you has been corrected, or until an objection from you have been handled.
- Right to object. You have right to object to processing based on legitimate interest. This means that we may no longer process the personal data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests.
- Right to withdraw your consent. You may at any time withdraw any consent you have given us. However, please note that it will not affect any processing that has already taken place.
- Right to complain. You have the right to lodge a complaint to the Supervisory Authority, if you believe that we have not complied with our obligations regarding your personal data.
Please use the contact details at the top to exercise any of your rights.